CARE is one of the world’s leading international humanitarian and development organizations, committed to helping people in poor communities improve their lives and alleviate poverty. Founded in 1945, CARE is working across 104 countries to fight global poverty and marginalization. CARE has been active in Bangladesh since 1949 being one of the largest country offices of CARE. CARE works to help people achieve social and economic well-being, while being among the best in their fields. CARE put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE Bangladesh is currently shifting towards a program approach, where it has developed longer-term impact visions to have more sustainable changes in the lives of the extreme poor and marginalized.
CARE seeks a Senior Technical Advisor – Nutrition and Community Health Systems for an anticipated USAID-funded Community Nutrition and Health Activity Project in Bangladesh. The goal of the Community Nutrition and Health Activity (CNHA) is to improve the nutrition and other health outcomes of women and children less than two years old in Bangladesh. As part of supporting Bangladesh in becoming self-reliant, the Community Nutrition and Health Activity will address the inequitable nutrition and other health outcomes of the most vulnerable segments of the population through a targeted community-health system strengthening approach. CNHA aims to strengthen sustainably the community health system. The Senior Technical Advisor– Nutrition and Community Health Systems will be responsible for leading and designing strategies for effective implementation of nutrition and community health strategies (policies, strategies, guidelines, and standards), for collaboration and coordination among key stakeholders including the Ministry of Health, civil society, private sector and other donors. S/He will be responsible for enhancing technical leadership for quality nutrition and health services and strengthening community health systems. The Senior Technical Advisor – Nutrition and Community Health Systems will lead the design and implementation of activities for CNHA to reach its goal. S/He will ensure that CNHA activities are evidence-based, adapted to local context, and reflect state-of-the-art knowledge and best practices for nutrition and community health system programming in Bangladesh.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- She/he will provide technical leadership to develop and implement nutrition and community health strategies and interventions in all phases from formative research, through design, community mobilization and evaluation.
- Responsible for sharing best practices in their field of expertise and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks.
- Provides leadership through a coordinated, shared vision among partners, key stakeholders, and the Government of Bangladesh to improve household nutrition and health
- Completes detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, and delivers quarterly reports and all other reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with consortium partners to strengthen capacities of government and development partners to develop and manage nutrition and health activities.
- Work with technical partners in developing evidences, creating innovations and documenting learnings for advocacy and scale-up
- Mentor and supervise direct report/s, including the project technical leads.
- At least 7 years’ of relevant experience with USAID or other USG or donors funded health and nutrition programs.
- Masters or higher degree in nutrition or public health.
- Demonstrated technical expertise to lead a diverse team in similar programs in the country.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of technical leadership and management of relevant projects.
- Professional experience interacting with community, host country governments and counterparts, international donor organizations, civil society, and private sector.
- Experience with two or more of the following: Health, Food and Nutrition security, Multi-sectoral approach for nutrition outcome, or community resilience, gender equity and diversity, and social accountability and nutrition governance.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of health and nutrition projects and operational research experience.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Prior experience of USAID funded-programs are as additional advantage.
- Previous working experience in Bangladesh is preferred but not required.
- Fluency in written and spoken Bangla and English.
- Computer proficiency in MS words, MS-Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint.
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.